Thursday, June 13, 2019

Recipe #99: Oatmeal-Cranberry Muffins

Oatmeal-Cranberry Muffins
Because I had some leftover craisins and plenty of oatmeal, I decided to make some muffins with those ingredients. I chose Oatmeal-Cranberry Muffins, trying not to stray too far from the "O" muffin list that I had just completed.

For these muffins, I chose the recipe, Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins, from the website The Spruce Eats. The recipe used fresh cranberries, all purpose flour and butter, among other ingredients. I substituted white whole wheat flour, margarine, and dried sweetened cranberries soaked in some orange juice. I also sprinkled the tops with sparkling sugar before baking. I also made sure to do as the recipe suggested and soaked the old fashioned oats in the milk before mixing them in. The last time I used old fashioned oats I didn't do that and regretted it.

These muffins were excellent! I would definitely make them again. My tasters enjoyed them also.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Next: Pear-Blueberry Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment