Sunday, June 16, 2019

Recipe #103: Persimmon Muffins

Persimmon Raisin Muffins
I had never tasted a persimmon, but I decided to try it anyway and so looked for a nice recipe for this latest "P" muffin idea. I found two I liked and ended up combining them. At times this has been a bad idea, but in the case of these Persimmon (Raisin) Muffins, I think the experiment succeeded.

I first chose a recipe on the website The Ingredient Guru--Persimmon Raisin Muffins--and then one from the Food Network site--Persimmon Muffins. I started with the Persimmon Raisin Muffins, but when I realized there was no fat and no liquid in the recipe, I quickly changed course, moving to the Persimmon Muffins recipe, making changes to accommodate the ingredients I had already mixed from the first recipe. I was grateful that they came out okay, even delicious. I also added the raisins and pecans that were called for in the first recipe.

The muffins were very good--sweet, moist and healthy with white whole wheat flour and nice spices. I didn't really taste the persimmons, however. I think that's because the fruit has a very mild flavor to begin with. Perhaps I chose fruit that was not quite ripe. I couldn't tell because I'd never eaten persimmons before.

Anyway, I don't think I'll make these again because the persimmons were quite expensive.

Rating: 5 out of 5 (I know, I'm an easy grader)

Next is pine nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment