Friday, June 14, 2019

Recipe #101: Pecan Banana Praline

Pecan Banana Praline Muffins
I wanted to make pecan muffins as my next recipe, but looking for pecans as a principal ingredient, I found a recipe that also has praline in the title. I've loved praline ever since I lived in Louisiana, so I was pleased to add another "P" to make these muffins extra special. And indeed they were!

I found Praline Banana Nut Muffins at the Lemony Thyme website. They were loaded with pecans--inside and outside (twice!)--which was just perfect. I changed two things in the recipe: I used 2/3 cup oil instead of butter and 1 cup of plain yogurt instead of the cream cheese. Otherwise, I kept to the instructions, including the before- and after-baking praline topping.

These were very good muffins, and my tasters loved them. They were sweet, as you can imagine, but that was okay (though the calorie count was a bit high, I must say).

I would definitely make these again.

Rating: 5 out of 5

We'll be in the "Ps" for a while longer!  Next: Peppermint Chocolate Muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment