Sunday, July 1, 2018

Recipe #62: Gingerbread Muffins

Gingerbread Muffins
For this recipe, which was quite similar to Ginger and Molasses Muffins, I chose a Betty Crocker recipe, Gingerbread Muffins. This recipe had the added bonus of chocolate drizzle on the top. They used white chocolate, but since I didn't have any of that, I chose to use dark chocolate. It tasted fine, anyway, though my tasters thought it was a bit unusual. I don't think it was, since spiced chocolate is a fairly common treat. I also added pecans, which was a waste of pecans, as it turned out, since I barely noticed they were there.

They came out a bit dry, I think, which may be due to my oven's being too hot. I may try to use a lower heat or bake them less time if I ever bake them again. I've read, too, that over-mixing can cause dryness, so I'm going to watch out for that.

They were good tasting and hearty, however, so I rate them 4.5 out of 5.

Next: Garlic and Corn Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment