Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Recipe #61: Ginger-and-Molasses Muffins

Ginger-and-Molasses Muffins
This recipe in the 201 Muffins book called for ginger, molasses, other spices, graham flour, pecans and raisins. I found a recipe that was similar on the Quaker Oats website: Molasses Spice Oatmeal Muffins. They had lots of ginger and other spices, whole wheat (rather than graham) flour, and molasses. The addition of the oats made them that much better. In keeping with the book's recipe, I included raisins and walnuts (instead of pecans). They came out quite robust, as I told my tasters, which is, I think, a step above hearty. My tasters said they were very good, though. And I agree! They have a nice texture with all the whole grain ingredients, but were pretty sweet, too, thanks to the applesauce (lowering the fat content), molasses, and brown sugar. The Quaker recipe included an orange glaze, but I chose to top them with a nice crunch topping. Orange didn't seem to go with molasses, in my opinion.

This recipe was a good one. I'll keep an eye out for more Quaker recipes in the future.

I rate these muffins 5 out of 5.

Next: Gingerbread Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment