Friday, June 1, 2018

Recipe #60: German Muffins

German Muffins
German muffins are apparently a particular type of muffin. When I looked for a recipe for these muffins, I found several that had nearly identical ingredients. I ended up with one from the website Genius Kitchen, called "Old German Muffins." The recipe in 201 Muffins called for hazelnuts, but all the others used almonds, so that's what I used.

The muffins came out good tasting, slightly sweet, but plain. I'm not sure what makes them German muffins, but they remind me somewhat of almond cookies or scones. Are those German influenced? I don't know.

The batter was very thick, so I added about 1/3 cup milk so I could stir in the almonds and raisins. If I ever make these again, I will add the extras into the dry ingredients first.

The recipe called for a tablespoon of rum. Since I didn't have rum and was unwilling to buy a bottle just for a tablespoon, I decided to use Drambuie, which was close to the flavor of rum, I thought. At any rate, such a small amount of any flavor would not have been detectable.

My tasters also thought they were good.

I rate these muffins 4.5 out of 5, mostly because of the lack of enough liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment