Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Recipe #65: Grape Muffins

Grape Muffin
For these muffins, I used a recipe from a private blog, Delishar, authored by a woman who lives in Singapore. The recipe in 201 Muffins did not include grapes; it used grape jelly and grape yogurt. I decided there was no reason not to use grapes in the recipe, so having found "Grape Muffins" and one other recipe at Genius Kitchen with the same name, I decided to slightly modify the Delishar muffin by adding regular sugar instead of caster sugar, upping the quantity to 1 cup instead of the 1/2 cup called for in the Delishar recipe.

The muffins came out well, I think. The grapes were chopped and had an interesting, rather delicate texture and flavor--different from the usual fruit added to muffins. They were sweet, but not terribly so. And they seemed to be moist enough, though I'm still struggling with that.

I rate these muffins 5 out of 5. My tasters all enjoyed them.

Next: Heirloom Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment