Sunday, July 1, 2018

Recipe #63: Garlic Corn Muffins

Garlic Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
For these muffins, I chose a recipe from a private web site, Alida's Kitchen, called Garlic Cheddar Cornbread Muffins. They had quite a bit more cheese than the original recipe in 201 Muffins, but they were good tasting and I think really benefited from the addition of cheese as the garlic would have otherwise been too overpowering. It was strong enough as it was.

I thought the muffins tasted good, though they were a bit dry. (I'm starting to think over-mixing is probably the problem.) I like the addition of buttermilk or yogurt and I've read it causes the muffins to be moister. So I may go with that from now on. We'll see. I also like the less dark muffin that means I will be trying a lower temperature (375°F) even when the recipe calls for a high temperature.

I made these for a pot luck dinner; no feedback from the other diners (so far, anyway). But I thought they were adequate--garlicky and spicy, but good.

I rate these 4 out of 5, just because of the dryness.

Next: Granola Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment