Thursday, July 5, 2018

Recipe #64: Granola Muffins

Granola Muffins
The recipe in 201 Muffins was pretty standard, so I had no trouble locating several Granola Muffins recipes on the internet. I started with one from King Arthur Flour, "Buttermilk Granola Muffins," that looked really nice but produced muffins that were not as good as I expected. I think that the lack of eggs made the muffins not hold together well, causing them to fall apart, even before I got them out of the pan. They were also chewier than I would have liked.

So, since I still had granola left, I decided to try a second batch with a different recipe, one with more conventional ingredients (including eggs), "Crunchy Granola Muffins," from Betty Crocker. I added raisins since the recipe called for raisin granola, and my granola didn't have raisins. Those came out much better; though they weren't as sweet, they held together nicely and had a better texture and a good flavor.

My tasters enjoyed them, one saying they were "delicious." I rated them 5 out of 5.

Next: Grape Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment