Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Recipe #88: Oatmeal Muffins

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
The recipe in the book, 201 Muffins, made a rather plain muffin, so I decided to make mine more interesting by adding chocolate chips and cinnamon chips. I found a recipe at a website called Inside BruCrew Life: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins. The fact that the first word of the title is chocolate should give you a clue that there are lots of chocolate chips in the muffin--in fact, one cup of chocolate chips and a half cup of toffee chips. That's a lot for a normal sized recipe. I didn't have toffee chips so I decided to use cinnamon chips. Moreover, the recipe called for quick oats, but I didn't have any. So after researching the substitution of old fashioned oats, I decided that would be okay. The oats made for a nubby texture, however, which I didn't really like all that much. My tasters thought they were good, though, and one even said he liked the texture. Otherwise, they were sweet and chocolatey, so their virtues made up for their less-than-perfect texture. If I were to make these again, I would use quick oats or make quick oats out of old-fashioned. I also left off the coffee glaze, thinking they were sweet enough as they were.

All in all, these were good muffins. I rate them 4 out of 5 (though I was to blame for the deficits).

Next up: Old Fashioned German Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment