Sunday, February 24, 2019

Recipe #87: Oat Bran Muffins

Oat Bran Muffins
For these muffins, I chose a plain oat bran muffin recipe that I got from the Joy of Baking website, Oat Bran Muffins. I decided the recipe didn't have enough oil, so I doubled the 2 T to 1/4 cup. And instead of raisins I added dates and walnuts. Other than those changes, I think I pretty much followed the recipe. I didn't add the recommended oat meal garnish.

I think they came out quite tasty. They were pretty hearty and sweet enough with a strong molasses flavor, which I like. My tasters also thought they were good.

Next recipe also uses oatmeal, but this time I think I will add chocolate chips! Who knew the "Os" would be so much fun!

I rated these muffins 5 out of 5. I know--I'm an easy grader.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment