Friday, February 8, 2019

Recipe #86: Oat-and-Jam Muffins

Oat-and-Jam Muffins
The recipe in 201 Muffins made oatmeal-based muffins with brown sugar and buttermilk, with the jam  added as a kind of glaze. The recipe I chose, Oatmeal Raspberry Jam Muffins from the Sweet and Simple Kitchen website, used the jam as a filling, so that was different, and preferable. The recipe also called for drizzling some jam on top, which I did to some of the muffins, but not all.

I added walnuts to the batter, and that may have made it a little bit thick, so I decided to add 1/2 cup applesauce, which thinned it a bit but also made the muffins a little bit chewy, I think. Also, in honor of Valentine's Day, I added some red sugar to the tops which unfortunately looks a bit lurid in the picture.

Nonetheless, they were good tasting, and my tasters enjoyed them as well. I would not rate them as top-notch, however, as they had to be tinkered with a bit and the result was not as good as I usually expect.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Next up: Oat-Bran Muffins 

No comments:

Post a Comment