Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Recipe #91: Orange Cranberry Muffins

Orange Cranberry Muffins
For these muffins, I found a number of recipes on the internet. I chose one that used dried cranberries, as I found when I used fresh cranberries back in the "C" recipes that they were a little too tart for my taste. The recipe I chose was Cranberry Orange Muffins from the Food Network.  The dried cranberries I used were Craisins, which are cranberries with sugar added, so sweeter still!

I changed a few ingredients: white whole wheat flour for half of the flour, and oil for the butter. I also added walnuts and two tablespoons of triple-sec liqueur to the orange juice. I sprinkled some sugar on top, as the recipe suggested.

I think these came out rather nice; a little bit tart but also sweet. The whole wheat flour added some flavor and texture. My tasters enjoyed them, as did I.

I rate these 5 out of 5. I would definitely make them again!

For next time, I plan to add a recipe that will take the place of the next recipe in the book: Papaya Muffins. I don't like papaya, so I will go with an additional orange recipe: Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment