Monday, March 11, 2019

Recipe #90: Olive and Cheese Muffins

Olive and Cheese Muffins
The recipe in 201 Muffins called for black olives and cheese in an otherwise flour based muffin. But since I had some polenta left over, I decided to look for a recipe that would use corn meal with green olives and cheese. I found one at Genius Kitchen: Olive Cornbread. This recipe was designed to make mini loaves with olive slices on top. I decided to chop the olives and put them right into the mix and make muffins instead. I didn't have to bake them as long, and I added some sunflower seeds on top for texture.

They came out rather well, I think. They tasted good and were hearty. We ate them with a nice Mexican style chicken soup I made for supper. My tasters liked them very much.

I would definitely make these again if the occasion arose.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Next up: Orange Cranberry Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment