Monday, March 11, 2019

Recipe #89: Old Fashioned German Muffins

Old Fashioned German Muffins
This recipe is another one of those that is apparently standard. All the websites that had this recipe had the exact same recipe. It was a rather plain muffin, with main ingredients of ground almonds, raisins, and rum. The recipe I used came from RecipeLand.com: Old Fashioned German Muffins.

I pretty much stuck to the recipe except that I didn't have rum so I used peach brandy. There was quite a bit of butter in the mix: 3/4 cup. I used oil instead of butter, which may have been too much and why the muffins seemed a bit greasy. If I made them again, I would probably use some applesauce instead of so much fat.

They were quite good, though, even with only a half cup of sugar. My tasters enjoyed them as well!

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (due to oilyness)

Next: Olive and Cheese Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment