Monday, July 3, 2017

Recipe #25: Chive Dinner Muffins

Once again, a recipe failed to include enough liquid. This one was a little tricky to repair because the liquid being used was buttermilk, and I had only as much as was called for. So instead of buttermilk, I added plain yogurt, which made the muffins a little "hole-ly" (puffed up with large holes instead of small), but otherwise okay.

They were essentially plain muffins with some chives added, meaning they truly were for dinner rather than any other meal, although they went well with eggs, I thought, and would have gone well with other main dishes. My tasters gave them a mediocre rating--"They were okay." I thought they were good but would probably not make them again.

I wouldn't recommend the recipe since it was flawed. I rate them 3.5 out of 5.

I did not get a photo of these muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment