Sunday, July 23, 2017

Recipe #30: Cinnamon-and-Raisin Muffins

Cinnamon-and-Raisin Muffins
For these muffins, I found a nice alternative recipe on the internet at the following address: Erren's Kitchen. These muffins had no sugar added, but with the raisins and the sugar-cinnamon topping, they were sweet enough. I thought the end result tasted much like cinnamon coffee cake. They would have been enhanced by added walnuts or pecans, but I wanted to stay as close as possible to the recipe in the 201 Muffins book--at least with the basic ingredients, anyway.

Though the recipe called for six large muffins, I decided to make a dozen small muffins. (The photo shows only 11 because I ate one before I took the picture--baker's privilege.😉) I also used margarine in place of the butter, but if I make these again, I will probably use unsalted butter instead because the margarine added too much salt, in my opinion.

I thought they were very good and my tasters also enjoyed them and said they would definitely want to have them again. I rate these muffins 5 out of 5.

This was the first recipe I made to substitute for the 201 Muffins recipe. I think it was a success, so I will continue making muffins that are suggested by the recipes in the book using alternative recipes I find on the internet.

Next up: Citrus Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment