Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Recipe #27: Chocolate Fudge Muffins

Chocolate Fudge Muffins
This recipe was different than what I'm used to with muffin recipes. For starters, it didn't have any leavening, just extra eggs. And it had a lot of butter as well. It seemed like a pound cake recipe, in fact. But pound cake, as most people know, has to be baked for a long time. This recipe called for a 300-degree oven temperature, which seemed a little cool, and the baking time was given as the usual 15 to 20 minutes. I was skeptical that the muffins would be done in that amount of time, and sure enough, they weren't. When I tested them after 20 minutes, they were still gooey inside. I baked them for a total of about 35 minutes, and they didn't rise very high, either, as you can see from the picture. Another odd feature of the recipe was the yield given: 23 to 24 muffins. That I immediately ignored since the recipe called for the usual 2 cups of flour.

The muffins tasted good (mostly due to the chocolate), but had a texture more like brownies than muffins. So, I guess it wasn't a total failure, but it was once again a recipe that had to be modified.

I have to give them 4 out of 5, just because of the recipe errors.

Next up:  Chocolate-Raspberry Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment