Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Recipe #21: Carrot-and-Pineapple Muffins

These muffins were made with whole wheat flour, which made them a little flatter than muffins made with unbleached flour. They were pretty tasty, though, and sweet. The carrots and pineapple were chunky rather than pureed, which gave the muffins some nice texture. The only objection I had to the recipe was the addition of flavoring. It asked for either coconut or almond flavoring. I chose almond, but at 1/2 teaspoon, the amount of flavoring was too much and overpowered the muffin's subtler carrot-pineapple flavor. If I made these again, I would leave out the flavor.

My tasters said they liked them, one saying they were "delicious."

I rated these muffins 4 out of 5, mostly for the flavoring problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment