Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Recipe #20: Cajun Corn Muffins


Cajun Corn Muffins
These muffins were quite spicy, but otherwise good tasting. They contained green and red bell peppers and onions, which gave them a nice texture and flavor. The heat came mainly from the cayenne pepper that was added. They went nicely with chili, I thought, making a milder chili a bit hotter.

The only objection I had to this recipe was that, once again, there was no liquid included, so I had to add some milk when I saw that the batter was going to be too dry. They turned out okay with the addition, though.

My tasters enjoyed these muffins for the most part. They acknowledged they were hot, but they still liked them. I think they were good, but if I make them again, I'll add less cayenne pepper.

I rated these muffins 4 out of 5 for being good but a little too hot and for the recipe's error.

No comments:

Post a Comment