Monday, July 29, 2019

Recipe #107: Pineapple Muffins

Pineapple Muffins
For pineapple muffins I used a recipe from the website, My Recipes.  It had a large yield, so I ended up with almost two dozen muffins, but that was okay as I am planning to give some away. I substituted some whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour, and some brown sugar for the sugar. I also used buttermilk in place of milk to go with the pineapple juice. And I added 1/2 cup pecans.

These muffins were very good, although once again, I couldn't really taste the pineapple so much. My tasters enjoyed them--they were moist, not too sweet, and hearty-ish. (Is that a thing?)

If I make these again, however, I will make the pineapple in larger chunks and add it last so that the pineapple will be more visible and therefore more taste-able.

I rate these muffins 5 out of 5.

Next:  Plum Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment