Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Recipe #105: Pistachio Muffins

Pistachio Muffins
For the next "P" muffin on the list, I chose to make Pistachio Muffins from the recipe, Healthier Pistachio Muffins, from a website called Cook Nourish Bliss. These muffins were a little complicated to make, mostly because I had to shell all the pistachios and then chop them up in my mini chopper. This took a while. And they were kind of hard, so didn't chop all that fine. But I used them as they were. There were a lot of them, though. I like pistachios, so that was a good thing for me!

For the recipe, I pretty much stuck to the ingredients except that I used regular plain yogurt instead of Greek yogurt, and I used some agave sweetener and honey in place of the maple syrup, since I didn't have any maple syrup and didn't want to buy it (it's kind of expensive). I also added some pistachio extract, since I happened to have a little bottle of that on hand. It was great to finally find a use for it!

The muffins tasted good, though they were not very sweet. I think I've gotten used to extra sweet muffins and so they were a little disappointing for that reason. But I don't really need to eat such sweet muffins and so it's all good.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't make these again because it was too much work, but maybe I'd use pistachios in other recipes. However, unsalted pistachios are very expensive, so I might not buy them again once my current package is empty.

I rate these 5 out of 5 as they were tasty and had nice texture and seemed healthy, as advertised.

Next: Pineapple Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment