Friday, August 16, 2019

Recipe #108: Plum Muffins

Plum Chocolate Chip Muffins
For the next "P" muffins, Plum, I chose a recipe from the website, Cafe Baker, a New Zealand site, called Plum and White Chocolate Muffins. This was an interesting recipe. I had not considered combining those two ingredients  nor had I even thought of making plum muffins before now!

I made some changes to the recipe, of course. Since I didn't have any white chocolate (and don't really like it since it doesn't have any real chocolate in it), I decided to use dark chocolate chips. Other substitutions I made were similar to ones I'd made in other recipes: I used buttermilk in place of milk, and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour in place of all-purpose. The recipe called for a specific type of canned plums (available in NZ, perhaps), but since I didn't have those, I used plain old Libby plums with the lightly sweetened juice that came with them. I also added walnuts (as I do with most of my muffins).

These came out really well. They were tasty--the plums were a bit tart and the chocolate chips were a nice surprise. The texture was hearty as should be with muffins. My tasters enjoyed them. I would definitely make these again.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Next: Pumpkin Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment