Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Recipe #14: Blueberry-Banana Muffins

Blueberry-Banana Muffins
These muffins were quite tasty--moist, slightly sweet and very fruity. The recipe called for three different fruits--blueberries, bananas, and pineapple juice concentrate--plus a small amount of orange juice concentrate (or triple sec). There was no added sugar, but the pineapple juice could be said to substitute for that.
Blueberry-Banana Muffins

However, the recipe did not make the number predicted: 18. A dozen was all I could get out of it, but I wasn't surprised, since the amount of flour was about the same as other recipes with that yield.

All in all, I liked the recipe and would make these muffins again, maybe adding some nuts.

My tasters were very pleased, so I give these muffins a rating of 4.5 out of 5 (for the yield discrepancy).

Next up: Blueberry-Buttermilk Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment