Saturday, March 18, 2017

Recipe #12: Banana-Poppy Seed Muffins


Banana-Poppy Seed Muffins
These muffins were good tasting. They had just the right amount of poppy seeds and a slight orange flavor from the orange zest.

I had a problem with the recipe though: in the book the recipe did not call for any liquid. When I first mixed the ingredients together, the batter was very thick, almost cookie dough consistency. I knew that wasn't right, so I decided to add some milk. Going by other recipes in the book, I added about 2/3 cup milk. That seemed to make the batter more muffin-like, so I went with it. Since the muffins turned out okay, I guess I made the right decision. It was annoying, though, to have to improvise.

Researching this book, I found that other recipes have some missing ingredients, pointed out by people who've posted on line about it. And as I've mentioned before, the pictures in the book often do not match what the muffins should look like based on their ingredients. I think the book was poorly edited and proofread; it seemed to me a low-budget publication.

But I will soldier on with it, making adjustments as necessary. The recipes do look interesting, after all, and I'm still eager to try them.

These muffins were deemed good by my tasters, so I rate them 4.5 out of 5, mostly due to the recipe glitch.

Next up: Blackberry Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment