Monday, December 24, 2018

Recipe #82: Molasses, Raisin and Bran Muffins

Molasses-Bran Muffin
This recipe called for molasses, bran, and raisins. I was able to find a variety of such recipes, and I chose Moist Molasses Bran Muffins from the Bob's Red Mill website. It was a good recipe and I made it according to the directions (except for the whole wheat flour, which I substituted with graham flour). They came out a bit flat, however, but that may have been because there was not only graham flour but wheat bran included. The amount of molasses (1/2 cup) made for a very strong molasses flavor, which I quite liked. I thought they were nicely fibrous, too, or "woolly," as I like to call it, reminding me of a nubby wool sweater, the kind you'd find in Northern Scotland, for instance. My tasters also enjoyed them. I would definitely make these again. I rate them 5 out of 5. (I'm such an easy grader!)

Next up: Mushroom Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment