Friday, January 4, 2019

Recipe #83: Mushroom Muffins

Mushroom Muffins
The recipe in 201 Muffins was designed to produce savory muffins, and so I found a recipe that made some very nice mushroom muffins that were cheesy and tasty. I took the recipe, Mushroom Parmesan Muffins, from the website of a Greek chef, Akis Petretzikis. The ingredients were given in metric measurements, but I was able to convert fairly easily.

The preparation of the mushrooms was a little bit time consuming, but otherwise the recipe was fairly simple.

The muffins were nice looking as well as good tasting and full of mushrooms, although a bit saltier than I would have liked. I used dried grated Parmesan cheese, and that may have been the cause. Fresh Parmesan might have been less salty.

My tasters liked them, and though I don't often eat savory muffins, I would make these again if the need arose.

I rate these 5 out of 5. Well, we're finally done with the M muffins. On to the Ns!

Next:  Nut-Bran Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment