Sunday, December 2, 2018

Recipe #80: Marmalade-Almond Muffins

Marmalade-Almond Muffins
This recipe in 201 Muffins called for marmalade and almonds, which was, as it turned out, an easy combination to find on the internet. I chose the recipe Marmalade Almond Muffins, which appeared in the website, The Australian Women's Weekly Food. I had to make a few adjustments to the recipe, however--some had to do with the measurement differences between U.S. and Australia (we go with volume; they go with weight). But there were other changes, too: the recipe called for self-rising flour (I made my own and used some white whole wheat), butter (I used oil), caster sugar (I used brown sugar), flaked almonds (I used chopped almonds), and milk (I used buttermilk). I did stick with the 3/4 cup of marmalade and the two eggs, however!😊 After 80 recipes, I feel pretty confident about making changes to ingredients.

These muffins were very good--hearty and nicely orange flavored. I did put on the marmalade glaze recommended in the recipe. That made them a little sweeter. My tasters also enjoyed them. I rate these 5 out of 5.

Next up: Mincemeat Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment