Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Recipe #73: Honey-Oatmeal Muffins with Fruit

Honey-Oatmeal Muffins
Taken from Food&Wine
This recipe in 201 Muffins called for honey, of course, but also dried fruit. Bakers could choose their own fruit, it seems, so I chose cranberries and apricots. The recipe I chose, White House Honey-Oat Muffins, from the Food &Wine website, called for honey, oatmeal, and other flours. I added the dried fruit and walnuts. I must say, though, that this recipe did not produce a muffin that was as good as the one I used last time. The muffins were drier and not as flavorful. I'm guessing the apricots had something to do with that, since they tend to have less flavor in the dried version. But I'm really not sure. I won't be making these again, though.

My tasters liked them, but didn't rave. That was the way I felt, too, I must say.

Rating: 4 out of 5, just for lack of flavor.

Next: Irish Coffee Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment