Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Recipe #70: High-Protein Muffins

High-Protein Muffins
The recipe in 201 Muffins called for canola cereal as the principal source of high protein. Since I didn't know what that is or how to get it, I decided to use the Basic Muffins recipe from King Arthur Flour and combine flours that were high protein. I settled on whole wheat, buckwheat, barley and bran, all of which have a greater amount of protein than all purpose flour. I also added some other high-protein ingredients: walnuts and raisins, with a crunch topping that included mini-chocolate chips.

The muffins turned out a little strange, but they were good tasting, hearty and not very sweet. My tasters enjoyed them, too! They get full marks: 5 out of 5.

Next up: Honey Currant Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment