Sunday, August 12, 2018

Recipe #69: High-Fiber Muffins

High-Fiber Muffins
The recipe in the book, 201 Muffins, called for canola cereal as the principal ingredient. While it's probably high in fiber, canola cereal didn't sound like something I wanted in a muffin (or something I could even find), so I chose a different recipe for high fiber, one I found on the Bob's Red Mill website, "Bob's High Fiber Bran Muffins."

The fiber in this recipe came from whole wheat flour, wheat bran, and raisins. To give them even more fiber, I added chopped up pears and walnuts. They came out very tasty and with a lovely texture--woolly, I call them--like a wool sweater with lots of nubs.

My tasters really loved them and they were also good for you--low fat as well as high fiber.

I would definitely make them again. I rate these muffins 5 out of 5. Thanks, Bob!

Next: High Protein Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment