Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Recipe #35: Coffee-Ginger Muffins

Coffee-Ginger Muffins
The recipe in 201 Muffins called for coffee and ginger as well as cardamom and molasses. I couldn't find a recipe with all those ingredients, but I did find two that had coffee, molasses and ginger. I chose Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Latte Muffins, found on a website for vegans, Conoisseurus Veg. The recipe called for coffee, molasses and ginger, but, as the title suggests, also chocolate chips and other spices. It was an interesting recipe, using no animal products such as egg or milk (chocolate chips were vegan), but including ground flax seed, walnuts and whole wheat pastry flour.

For my version of this recipe, I left out the flax seed, and since I didn't have any whole wheat pastry flour, I used a combination of half whole wheat-half all purpose flours. Instead of chocolate chips I used cinnamon chips (non vegan), but otherwise followed the recipe (I didn't add coconut flakes on top).

The muffins made from this version of the recipe were quite good. They were hearty, moist, spicy, not too sweet and with a nice texture. The coffee flavor came through without being too strong and the coffee glaze added just enough sweetness.

My tasters enjoyed them as well, so I will definitely make these muffins again.

I rate this recipe and muffins 5 out of 5.

Next week: Corn-and-Zucchini Muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment