Sunday, January 29, 2017

Recipe #6: Apricot-and-Walnut Muffins

Apricot-and-Walnut Muffins
These muffins sounded interesting in the recipe, but they didn't turn out exactly as I had imagined they would. The apricot was jam rather than fresh apricots, and the walnuts were on top rather than in the batter.

As you can see, the apricot jam collapsed into the muffin, causing the muffin to look collapsed. The jam didn't cook, so caused the muffins to be filled, which was okay, but it helped to know in advance that the jam would tend to squirt out on you when you bit into the muffin.

I thought the body of the muffin was kind of dry and bland, but my in-laws thought they were very good and nicely sweet.

So, I give these muffins a 4 out of 5, based on the combination of mine and my in-laws' assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment