Friday, May 11, 2018

Recipe #57: Fruit-Filled Muffins

Fruit-Filled Muffins
taken from Bake or Break
I obtained this recipe from the website, Bake or Break. The recipe is "Jam-Filled Doughnut Muffins." The 201 Muffins recipe called for a muffin that was filled with jelly or jam, and these seemed close to that.

The muffins turned out fairly plain, made with all-purpose flour and granulated sugar and other ingredients found in a plain muffin. The sugar and cinnamon dusting (on top of brushed-on melted butter) along with the jelly in the center made the muffins sweeter and more like jelly doughnuts, which was fun. I used three different types of jelly in the 20 the (doubled) recipe produced: apricot, strawberry, and raspberry.

They were good muffins, though the jelly slipped to the side in a few of them. My tasters enjoyed them. I don't know if I'd make them again, though, since they were a little too plain for me.

I rate these 4.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment