Thursday, August 31, 2017

Recipe #33: Cocoa Spice Muffins

Cocoa Spice Muffins
These muffins were very good. I worried that the spices would be too much when I first mixed the batter, but they were not overpowering once the muffins were made. There is also molasses in the mix, which comes through ever-so-slightly in the muffins. They taste somewhat like chocolate gingerbread, which is not a bad thing. 😋

I got the recipe from the Hershey's website: Chocolate Spiced Muffins. Their recipe used cocoa as did the 201 Muffins recipe, but the Hershey's recipe called for chocolate chips, whereas the 201 Muffins recipe called for walnuts and no chocolate chips. So I replaced the chips with the walnuts. I think the change made the muffins just as good, though not as chocolaty. And walnuts always go well with chocolate, as we all know!

My tasters all enjoyed them, so I will keep this recipe. Obviously, cooks can count on Hershey's!

No comments:

Post a Comment