Sunday, August 20, 2017

Recipe #32: Cocoa-Raisin-Walnut Muffins

Cocoa-Raisin-Walnut Muffins
For these muffins I used a recipe from Fisher Nuts: Chocolate Walnut Muffins. But since the 201 Muffins recipe called for raisins, and the Fisher Nuts recipe called for chocolate chips (in addition to walnuts), I simply substituted raisins for chocolate chips. The combination made for a very good muffin--delicious, in fact, though really more like a cupcake than a muffin.

The recipe was easy to make and the results were very good. The yield was a bit larger than the recipe indicated, though--16 instead of 12 muffins.

My tasters also enjoyed them. I must say that it's certainly nice to have recipes I can trust. When you have nice ingredients like cocoa, walnuts and raisins, you expect the results to be very good, not unpredictable and frequently bad, as they were with the book's recipes.

So, on to the next muffin idea: Cocoa Spice Muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment