Sunday, February 5, 2017

Recipe #8: Bacon Muffins

Bacon Muffins
These muffins were essentially plain muffins with lots of crumbled bacon in them. They were not sweet, so were intended to go with a main dish. We ate them with scrambled eggs at supper time. They were good tasting, but maybe just a little too full of bacon. (My in-laws, however, didn't care for them.)

I may have inadvertently used too much bacon (the recipe called for 8 slices), since the bacon slices I used were a little thicker than average. Also, I crumbled the crispy bacon by hand, which left some pieces too large and a bit too chewy, I think. Next time I might try using the food processor to crumble the bacon.

The idea of bacon muffins was a new one for me, so it was an interesting experience.

I'd give these muffins 4.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment