Sunday, November 4, 2018

Recipe #77: Mango Muffins

Mango Muffins
The recipe in the book, 201 Muffins, called for mangoes and almonds, honey and coconut flavoring. I chose a recipe from the website, Tasty Seasons, for Whole Wheat Mango Muffins.

I used whole wheat pastry flour in place of the whole wheat/all purpose flour combo of the recipe. I also used frozen mangoes since I couldn't find fresh at my local store; I used almonds and honey, and in place of coconut flavoring I used coconut rum. I also decided to add cinnamon chips, which gave them some added sweetness as well as spiciness.

My tasters enjoyed them and I thought they were very good, although I think that mangoes have an unusual flavor that I believe is an acquired taste. I probably won't make them again for that reason, but I do have a lot of leftover mango chunks, so I will need to make something with them. We'll see . . .

I rated these 4.5 out of 5.

Next: Maple Bran Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment